A Toast to DEADWOOD on its 10th Anniversary

>> Thursday, March 13, 2014

A LIE AGREED UPON: DAVID MILCH'S DEADWOOD from RogerEbert.com on Vimeo.

Greetings, fellow inebriates,

David Milch's television masterpiece, Deadwood, may not precisely qualify as a "booze movie."  However, it was one of the most cinematic and liquor-laden series to have ever graced the small screen; so excuse me if I go ever so slightly off-topic for this post.

To commemorate the 10th anniversary of what in my opinion was the most literate, humane, and engaging show in the history of television, RogerEbert.com and HitFix.com have teamed up to present a 26-minute celebration of Deadwood, narrated by series regular (and fan favorite) Jim Beaver.  The video is embedded above, courtesy of Vimeo.  For Dead-heads like me, this brief documentary is sure to stir up sublime memories and renew the heartbreak that the series was cancelled after airing 36 near-flawless episodes (although I would argue that the final line of dialogue in the last show was the perfect coda for a work of fiction that always told the truth).

A word of warning for the uninitiated -- The video above contains a number of series spoilers, so if you have not yet enjoyed this television masterpiece, by all means buy the Blu-rays or stream the complete series (on HBO Go) before you watch this remembrance. Trust me; you will not be disappointed.  Deadwood was the only show that was so good that I would watch each episode twice on the night it premiered.  Like a premium whiskey, a single shot was not enough.  This is a show that should be savored again and again.  God bless you, Mr. Milch!

Cheers,
garv

8 comments:

Mark Brown May 9, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Online reading is not my thing. But after reading your blog I am really pleased. I don’t know about other blogs but this I will definitely keep coming back to. Movies in indore

Alecia Us November 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Happy New Year. Movie Name: Happy New Year 2014, WATCH MOVIE NOW. Director:Farah Khan, Writers:Althea Kaushal, Farah Khan, Stars:Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan. WATCH MOVIE NOW. Happy New Year.

yO yO HaDii December 28, 2014 at 7:02 AM

WaoOO Nyc Work Dude... Nyc web plz U tell me any seO idea nyc Place Just Click And Vist Site

Pakistani Chats Room Free Online Without Registration |FullChatRoom|

Happy Diwali 2015

Happy Deepavali 2015

Happy Deepavali 2015

Happy Diwali 2015

About Me

My Photo
I like to drink. I like to watch movies. I like to watch movies about drinking. I like to write about the movies I’ve watched, but only if I’ve had a drink first.

All text including the title "Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide" Copyright William T. Garver